A guest blog by Reka
It’s no secret that motherhood can be extremely challenging and overwhelming at times. There is no denying that our day-to-day lives can be chaotic and filled with stress. Yet, regardless of the obstacles and struggles, it is essential for us to take some time to nurture and nourish our physical and emotional well-being.
Your body and mind are ONE – when one is out of balance, the other will suffer too.
To feel at your best, emotionally and physically, it’s important to make time for yourself and prioritize your health and well-being. Unfortunately, there is a common myth that dieting and rigorous exercise are the only ways to look and feel good. But, this is far from the truth!
It’s important to recognize that what works for one mum may not work for another. Instead of dieting and depriving yourself, focus on eating well-balanced meals that nourish your body and make you feel energized. And, instead of obsessing over how much you are exercising, focus on activities that you genuinely enjoy.
Your energy and overall mood have a huge impact on your family and can create an atmosphere of positivity and joy for your whole family.
As the cornerstone of the family, your emotions set the tone for the rest of the family. When you feel energized and positive, your children and partner are likely to feel the same. On the other hand, if you are feeling down, it can be difficult for them to maintain a positive attitude.
By working on yourself and developing positive habits, you will feel happier, more present and in tune with yourself and it can have a positive effect on everyone around you.
This could involve taking time for yourself to relax, developing a healthy lifestyle, or setting aside time to spend quality time with your family.
By taking these steps, you will be able to cultivate more joy, ease and fun in your life. You will also be modelling healthy behaviours for your children and helping to create a more harmonious family environment.
But, where do you start….?
Well, here are a few simple tips how to take care of yourself and reboot your body and mind:
1. Breathing: Mindful breathing can help you relax, reduce tension, and manage your emotions in stressful moments. it Improves mental clarity, increases your energy and help you be more present, grounded and focused throughout the day.
2. Acknowledging how you feel without judgement and expectations: This can help identify and process difficult emotions instead of supressing them, develop healthier relationships, and ultimately lead a happier, more fulfilling life.
3. Regular Exercise: you don’t need to spend hours in the gym and spend hundreds of ££ on expensive gym gear. Get you mat out in your living room and start with short full body workouts to boost your mood and metabolism.
4. Eat healthy: Eating nutritious meals helps to balance your hormones, reduce your cortisol levels (stress hormone) nourish and feel more connected to your body.
5. Practice mindfulness: Taking time to slow down and be mindful can be a great way to reduce stress and improve mental wellbeing. Try to take a few minutes each day to journal how you feel, practice deep abdominal breathing and explore meditation.
6. Spend time with positive, like-minded mamas: it can help to lift your spirits, offer encouragement, and provide a much-needed sense of connection and belonging.